Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ka-wa-i!

It means, "So cute!"  And we here it everywhere we go.  Obviously they are talking about Ellie.
This is us in front of the local shopping complex "Daiei"...I think.  See, there is Japanese writing behind us. We are in Japan.
While we were walking around the mall, we found a 100Yen shop, like a dollar store basically.  Ben got all excited; apparently he frequented them as a missionary.  This was my favorite find.

Don't you want to buy this?

We are hoping to get a house soon.  We will be living off base, especially since we learned that the on base housing still has lead paint and asbestos.  No thanks.  
As for housing, we want the first house we looked at (5 bedrooms! though the biggest will only fit a queen), but we are second on the list for it.  We'll see.
In the meantime, I'll keep my (angry) thoughts about military bureaucracy to myself...for now.

2 comments:

  1. Can I get one of those lame mirrors? ;) I'm sad that I didn't get to see you before you moved, but I'm so excited to follow your blog! What an amazing adventure you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mirror! Somethings just don't translate well :) We actually had those stores in Spain too, and as poor missionaries, we were in those a lot as well :)

    ReplyDelete