Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Princess Dress

I would like to take a moment to toot my horn.
I think this is the first project I have completed without messing up.  I didn't have to unpick a single seam!
The entire thing is lined, I even put in the invisible zipper without screwing it up (like I usually do).
And it didn't cost me a cent. Everything came from my stash, which is awesome, but also a little scary. Why did I have shiny purple fabric? It's a long story, but they used to be curtains and I dyed them about 7 years ago. However, the long pink sleeves used to be some pink pants that were never going to fit Ellie (too wide).

I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  I still have to finish Clara's chameleon costume, an Ben and I as King and Queen.  But if my luck continues...I'll add some pink silk embroidery flowers to the princess dress to make it even prettier.

Ellie loves it! I hope she just doesn't want to wear it on Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I wish stephen would do family themed costumes. sigh.

    ReplyDelete