Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stars Were Gleaming

It's December 1st here in Japan. We put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving, but we had to wait until the 1st to put up our Advent calendar!

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of this sucker.  I started on it last year and had it mostly finished before we left for China to spend Christmas with our favorite Kings (my cousin Crystal and her husband Aaron). So this is the first year we really get to use it.
I patterned it after the one my mom had made that we used growing up.  I have very fond memories of it, and taking turns with my brothers to put up the ornaments. The one major thing I did differently was embroidering a Christmas or Christ related scripture on the back most of the ornaments so we have something spiritual to read each morning when we put up an ornament.
I have also been teaching Ellie my most favorite children's Christmas song, Stars Were Gleaming.  My mom taught this to us as little kids, and made up hand motions to go with it. I love it.  Here we are singing it!




Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Love your advent calendar!
    K watched you guys sing the song over and over. :)
    And she saw the video with Ellie in her princess dress and when she saw Clara she was so excited to see a baby whose name sounded like hers.

    ReplyDelete