Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's Okay Mommy

Several weeks ago we had a lesson in church about...something...I can't really remember the specifics, but I do remember the impression I had from the Spirit during it.  I've been struggling with scripture study lately. Like everyone else, I've got a lot on my plate right now. I felt impressed that I really must get up at 6 before the girls get up (which is usually at 7) so that I can have real scripture study and a bit of exercise.

I'm trying. I feel like mostly I'm failing, and that mostly it's not my fault.  Because my girls keep getting up early, and they are still tired and cranky when they do.  It's a struggle.

Today was particularly difficult. And then Ellie didn't want to lay (or is it lie...) down for a nap. And then Clara woke up in the middle of hers.  But eventually we worked it all out. I even got in a little nap, since Ellie HAD to have me lay down with her.

And somehow this makes it all worth it the struggles.

I truly am so thankful for my wonderful daughters.  I'm learning things about life and myself that are hard and wonderful and eternal.

I'll keep getting up at 6, I promise. As long as every time I cry out in frustration Ellie will still pat my cheek and say, "It's okay, Mommy. Don't be sad, it's okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment