Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!

I wanted to take a moment to share my personal feelings and testimony of Easter.

Throughout the Christian world at this time we celebrate the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.  His Atonement makes it possible for each one of us to repent and be cleansed of our sins because He already suffered the price of them.  His resurrection broke the bands of death that each one of us might also be resurrected, that is that our bodies and our spirits might be reunited in a perfected and immortal form, just as Christ himself was resurrected on the third day.

I was about 2 and a half when my sister Sierra was born.  The first memory I have is meeting her for the first time, wrapped in a yellow blanket.  Eight weeks later she died from SIDS.  My loving parents taught my brother and I that we would see her again one day because of the gift of Christ's Atonement and Resurrection.  I have never doubted that. I have felt the truth of this confirmed over and over again in my life.

When I was 10 my sister Cheyenne died of SIDS also while I was babysitting her.  I remember everything about this. But mostly I remember that I felt so at peace because I knew that this life was just part of the greater plan our Heavenly Father has for us.

I am so thankful for my Savior and His willingness to sacrifice His sinless life on my behalf, to suffer the price of my sins, and offer freely to me His grace. All I can give in return is my best effort at living my life as He has commanded, repent when I fall short, and follow Him in faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment